Police & Fire

Beaver Cove resident escapes house fire through bedroom window

By Leigh Tauss, Bangor Daily News Staff

BEAVER COVE — A resident survived a house fire early Friday morning, May 17 by escaping out of a bedroom window, according to Greenville fire officials.

Greenville firefighters responded to Spruce Lane in Beaver Cove just before 3:30 a.m. and found the single story, wood-framed home fully engulfed with flames coming out all of the windows, according to a post from the Greenville Firefighters Association on Facebook. 

The only occupant was asleep when the fire broke out and was awakened by a smoke detector. The resident escaped out of a bedroom window and was not injured, fire officials said.

Firefighters put out the blaze with water hauled out of Prong Pond, but the home was a total loss.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.