Dover-Foxcroft

Chamber welcomes Dunkin’ Donuts to D-F

By Staff Report

DOVER-FOXCROFT — The Piscataquis Chamber of Commerce celebrated the arrival of Dunkin’ Donuts in the community with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the brand new 1104 West Main Street location on Saturday. The restaurant is the ninth franchise for owners Ed and Colleen Bailey, whose other Dunkin’ Donuts locations include Dexter, Palmyra (in Walmart), Canaan, Madison, Unity and three in Skowhegan.

“On behalf of the Chamber we are so excited to have you here in our town,” Piscataquis Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Denise Buzzelli said moments before Colleen Bailey cut a red ribbon outside the Dunkin’ Donuts entrance. “It is so refreshing to see owners who want to be a part of the community. Welcome to Dover-Foxcroft!”

PO DUNKIN 35 15805627

Observer photo/Stuart Hedstrom

DUNKIN DONUTS IN DOVER-FOXCROFTA Piscataquis Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting welcomed Dunkin’ Donuts to Dover-Foxcroft during a grand opening at the new 1104 West Main Street location on Aug. 29. From left is Chamber Executive Director Denise Buzzelli; Angel Quick, branch manager of Skowhegan Savings Bank in Dexter; Dover-Foxcroft Dunkin’ Donuts Manager Jessica Richardson and General Manager Brenda Crocker; owners Colleen and Ed Bailey; State Sen. Paul Davis (R-Sangerville); and Chamber President Chris McGary.

The Baileys are both thrilled to be in Dover-Foxcroft after two years of trying. “This is a family business to us,” Colleen Bailey said prior to the ribbon cutting. “It’s not just a means of making money, we care about all of this.”

On the wall inside in the sitting area is a framed family photo the Baileys are proud to have hanging for customers to see. “We have three general managers, one of whom is our son Matt. Our other son, Scott, works at the Dunkin’ Donuts corporate office. We have another son, Frank, who lives in Austin, and our daughter Katrina just graduated from the University of Findley in Ohio with a degree in equestrian studies; we are so proud of all of our kids and so happy to share this all with them.”

The two owners, both raised in Maine, feel a strong tie to this part of the state. “I was born in Dexter, and my grandparents lived in Newport,” Colleen Bailey said. “I remember my mother bringing me to Dover-Foxcroft as a child to visit a family member.”

The Baileys have great ideas for this location. “We are offering healthy options, which we call ‘better for you foods’ and items made with less sugar. We want to operate under the ‘DD Green’ initiative, using products safer for our planet, finding alternatives to Styrofoam and recycling,” she said. “We also want to start an outdoor community garden, offering fresh fruit and vegetables to our customers. We love to become a part of the communities we are located in, to get involved, to make a difference.”

The two are excited to get to know more of the locals. “We have had the pleasure of meeting so many residents of this community, and they are just wonderful, so welcoming. They tell us ‘we are so happy to have you here!’ and we are so very happy to be here.”

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.