Dover-Foxcroft

Dover-Foxcroft Kiwanis celebrate 75th anniversary

DOVER-FOXCROFT — The Dover-Foxcroft Kiwanis Club will celebrate its 75th anniversary on Saturday, June 15 with a dinner at Foxcroft Academy, said Anniversary Chair Tom Gerrish.

“The Kiwanis Club was founded in 1938 by my father Henry Gerrish,” Gerrish said. “I have memories of my father hosting meetings in our living room with members of the Orono Kiwanis Club and Dover-Foxcroft business and civic leaders to form the Dover-Foxcroft Kiwanis.”
    The highlight of the Kiwanis dinner will be a slide show showing the history of the Kiwanis club. “We are proud of our history of serving the citizens of Dover-Foxcroft,” he said. The Kiwanis projects have included, the first school hot lunch program, swimming lessons at Sebec Lake and variety show plus the annual auction and river race.
    “We have  numbers of guests coming to help us celebrate our anniversary,” Gerrish said, including the Kiwanis Governor of the New England Division and members from other clubs in Maine.
    The Kiwanis will kick off the celebration with a reception in Kiwanis Park in the afternoon. For more information, contact 564-3371.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.