Dover-Foxcroft

Center Theatre auditions for ‘Some Enchanted Evening: The Songs of Rodgers and Hammerstein’

DOVER-FOXCROFT — Auditions for the upcoming production of “Some Enchanted Evening: The Songs of Rodgers and Hammerstein” will be held at the Center Theatre on Saturday, April 27 at 10 a.m. and Monday, April 29, at 6 p.m. The performances will be June 28, 29, 30 and July 5 and 6.

More so than any composer and lyricist who have written for the stage, the songs of Rodgers and Hammerstein have become an integral part of our everyday lives. We sing them in the shower, dance to them in ballrooms, hear them on the radio and in clubs and yes, in elevators and supermarkets too. We still thrill to them on the live stage in their respective shows, and we teach them to our children. This musical review includes a wide range of songs from the R&H canon, sung by a number of talented local singers.
    The production is looking for men and women of high school age and older for both soloist and ensemble parts. Women are asked to prepare a verse and chorus from one of the following songs: “It Might as Well Be Spring”, “I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Out-A My Hair”, “Sixteen Going on Seventeen” and “A Bell is No Bell”.
    Men are asked to prepare a verse and chorus from one of the following songs: “Maria”, “Younger Than Springtime”, “The Surrey With The Fringe On Top” and “This Nearly Was Mine”.
    Auditions may be sung a capella, or with your own recorded music. A CD player will be available. A tentative rehearsal schedule will also be available at auditions.
    For more information, please e-mail SOCP Coordinator Teresa Myers at SOCP@centertheatre.org, call the Center Theatre at 564-8943 or stop by the theatre at 20 East Main Street between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. The Center Theatre is a non-profit performing arts center dedicated to making the arts a part of life in the Maine Highlands.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.